Sunday 29 April 2012

Marloes Mere





The 3 Glossy Ibises are still present though now always distant. The walk to the hide was alive with Wheatears at least 70 with some showing characters of the Greenland race Though most were flybys and a few actually landing on the hide roof! One bird landed very briefly in front of me as I was looking out of the hide. Willow Warblers were in amazing numbers, flitting about everywhere, but keeping low when feeding. About 10 White Wagtails and 7 Whimbrel. A Peregrine came and went with what looked like a Teal!
As I left  there were 7 Swallows feeding close to the shore and even just hanging there. The light was awful and the wind was picking up an opportunity lost. I managed a few shots but having to over expose a full stop meant crap shots were likely. Next time I may be lucky and have some good light.

No comments:

Post a Comment