Wednesday 29 August 2012

Common Lizards

I have, over the years spent some time in Pembrokeshire looking for Common Lizard.. Whenever I have found them I have not had my camera,  So, whilst walking the clifftops at Nolton Haven I discovered along a stretch of about 300 mtrs at least 40 individuals, Majority being juveniles varying in size. About 12 being adults and 7 juveniles were the most seen together!
They were only seen on dry grass which was thrown to the side when the path was cleared. Most were confiding especially the juveniles.
A difference in colour variation is shown here.








1 comment:

  1. nice to see a lot of young lizards about, there's been quite a few around the garden this year , you would think with the weather we had this year they wouldn't have done so well
    Cheers
    Tim

    ReplyDelete